Thursday, August 1, 2013

Lobster Racing

The best of friends
A few weeks back, we took a mini-vacation to the lovely Cape Cod, staying in the village of Orleans. Three years ago, we spent a week in the same cottage, and it’s amazing how much can change in what seems like so little time. In the past couple years, I’ve changed jobs and industries, switched neighborhoods, cities, and recently, states, and gone from living with two of my best friends to living with my very best friend and boyfriend. And that doesn’t touch on becoming an auntie to the most fabulous 2 year-old in the whole wide world. Needless to say, we had some nostalgic spots to revisit and show off to Steven, Zack and darling Colin, all who were visiting Cape Cod for the first time.

Lobster Chef
Highlights of the trip include my hole-in-one during our family mini-golf tournament (I’m choosing to forget that I still managed to come in last place despite my epic shot), watching my mom try a moonshine-soaked cherry, a couple dangerously competitive games of badminton and ping-pong, and introducing Colin to his very first lobster. My family has been traveling to the cape since I can remember, and to me, it’s a place of ultimate relaxation. Other than the beach, a select few flea markets and the fish market, itineraries are open and the days fly by. For now, I will just concentrate on my goals for next year: stay longer and figure out how to beat Steven at ping-pong.
La Famille
If you find yourself on the cape, check out some our vacation favorites: Sundae School Ice Cream, Nauset Fish and Lobster Pool and Wellfleet Flea Market and Drive-In Movie Theater

No comments:

Post a Comment